A warehouse operations course is a nationally accredited training course. This course is designed to give participants the skills and knowledge of a warehouse worker within the Transport and Logistics industry.
Why is a warehouse operations certificate course important?
Nationally recognised training courses (or what is better known as certificate training) is an important way for industry to recognise your skills and knowledge. Upon completion of the training course you will be given a statement of attainment. The statement of attainment will highlight the specific skills you learnt and obtained during the course. The information on the statement of attainment will help the business you hope to work for determine if your skills are what they are looking for.
What certificate level can I obtain in the warehouse operations course?
The course is aimed at the certificate II / III levels. The certificate II is an entry level qualification. The certificate III is equal to a trades qualification.
How do I enroll into the warehouse operations course?
Enrolling into a course is easy. First, determine if this qualification will suit your current or future job opportunities. Once you have determined this, contact our office and book a time to came and see us. Approximately 1 hour will be required for you to visit one of our offices to complete the relevant paperwork.
Alternatively, we can come to your workplace on enroll you. This type of training is known as ‘workplace based training’. Workplace based training done on the job (you learn while you work). You will need permission from your employer before enrolling into workplace based training.
What formats can I do the training in?
- Distance based (for people with limited time and not able to get to one of our sites regularly).
- Classroom based (regular and consistant training at one of our sites).
- Workplace based (we train you and your collegues while you work).
What information is covered in the warehouse operations courses?
The covers skills that are required by an individual wishing to participate effectively in the transport and logistics industry as a warehouse worker. The course covers information such as:
- Occupational Health and Safety and Workplace induction / orientation.
- Communication and working with others.
- Machinery inspection and forklift / order picker licensing.
- Manual handling, loading / unloading and securing of goods.
- Recieving, processing, picking & packaging and despatching of goods.
- Effecient use of stock and stock control.
- Accident and emergency procedures.
- Customer service as well as the completing of paperwork and documentation.
What jobs or occupations will use a warehouse operations certificate?
A number of occupations or job roles find a warehouse operations certificate valuable. The main occupations / jobs roles are:
- Forklift Driver.
- Warehouse supervisor.
- Stock Controller.
- Warehouse laborer.
Does the warehouse operations course attract Government Funding?
Government subsidies are available for eligible individuals and businesses. Please contact our office to see if you are eligible.