TIDE Training has a Complaints and Appeals Process for hearing complaints involving the conduct of:
- Our trainers, assessors and other staff;
- Any providing services on our behalf; and/or
- A student of TIDE Training
The Process is also available to students who believe that the result of their assessment or part of their assessment) was incorrect.
If you have a complaint about one of our staff, service providers or students, or if you are a student of TIDE Training and would like to appeal your assessment result we invite you to take part in this Process. The Complaints and Appeals Process is summarised as follows:
- Firstly, try and resolve the issue directly with the person concerned.
- If you are unable to resolve the matter with the person concerned, you should complete and submit the Complaints and Appeals Form located below. Complaints and appeals should be lodged within 60 days of the event occurring or assessment being conducted.
- Once your complaint is submitted you will receive an automatically generated email advising that your complaint has been received. Your complaint will also be automatically added to our Complaints and Appeals Register.
- Once we have received your complaint it will be investigated by our Complaints Officer (or a person nominated by them to investigate your complaint).
- Your complaint or appeal should be dealt with within 60 days of it being received. If it cannot be resolved within that time frame the Complaints Officer will write to you and explain why.
- Once the investigation has been completed you will be forwarded formal notification of the outcome of your complaint/appeal.
- If you are still unhappy with the outcome you have the right to have the decision of the Complaints Officer reviewed by our General Manager.
- The General Manager will review the investigation and the outcome and advise you within three business days of the result of their review.
- In the event you are still unsatisfied you can lodge a complaint with one of the regulatory authorities.
- Department of Education and Training – National Training Complaints Hotline
- The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) is the national regulator for Australia's vocational education and training sector. ASQA regulates courses... More (The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) is the national regulator for Australia's vocational education and training sector. ASQA regulates courses... More)
- Higher Education Skills Group
Contact details for these bodies are included in our Complaints and Appeals Policy
This process is more fully detailed in our Complaints and Appeals Policy.