- Backhoe Operations Awareness Course
- Dozer Operations Awareness Course
- Elevated Work Platform Awareness Course
- Excavator Operations Awareness Course
- Front End Loader Operations Awareness Course
- Grader Operations Awareness Course
- Haul Truck Operations Awareness Course
- Roller Operations Awareness Course
- Scissor Lift Operations Awareness Course
- Skid Steer Operations Awareness Course
- Telescopic Materials Handler Operations Awareness Course
- Vehicle Loading Crane Under 10 Meters Awareness Course
Machinery Career options
- Machine Operator
- Civil Construction
- Mining Industry
- Quarry Worker
- Agricultural Worker
- Trade Work
- Site Clearing
What is an Awareness Course
An awareness course trains and informs participates in the fundamentals of civil construction and the correct techniques required to work in the industry . At the successful completion of this machinery operators course ,you should have knowledge and skills in road construction methods and standards in which the operator is expected to work.
Benefits of awareness training over an accredited unit of competency are it can be designed to meet an employers or industry specific requirements in less time ,is bench marked with the unit of competency as well industry standards. However awareness training may not cover all elements in a unit of competency, it is often considered to be an overview rather than an in depth view on a subject so no certification will take place.
However you must still demonstrate satisfactory skills and knowledge at assessment to be deemed satisfactory in awareness training.
A unit of competency is required to be delivered in a minimum based time frame and must meet a set criteria .This time frame can be between 40 and 100 nominal hours to complete the unit , depending on the subject requirements
Each accredited unit of competency or course contains nationally recognised required skills and knowledge ,elements and criteria for each element and is allocated a national code and is listed on the national register found on, training.gov.au.
This awareness program will provide you with the skills & knowledge to safely operate machinery and work in the civil construction industry. Program includes knowledge and practical assessments.