You might be wondering why we’re congratulating you…
Well, first… you made the right choice! You are here because you are looking for the best truck driving school in Melbourne, Regional Victoria or South Australia. With Transport Industry Driver Education (TIDE) Training, you’re in for a new and innovative wave of training.
Second, you’re in the dawn of an exciting new career and this is the first step in getting that. Here at TIDE Training’s truck driving courses, we’ll train and educate you using only the best techniques — in order to reach your full potential and maximize achievements — as we pride ourselves in putting qualified people to work in the industry. Here, you are our priority!
Click on the Icons below to know more about our truck trainings.
- A Rigid truck above 4.5 tonnes GVM but less than or equal to 8 tonnes GVM or
- A Rigid bus with less than or equal to 8 tonnes GVM or seats more than 12 adults, including the driver (refer “Use of Buses, Coaches and Motor Homes”).
- A Two axle rigid truck, not being a prime mover, above 8 tonnes GVM or
- A Two axle bus above 8 tonnes GVM (refer “Use of Buses, Coaches and Motor Homes”).
- A rigid vehicle, not being an unladen prime mover, with a minimum of three axles and a minimum 15 tonnes GVM or
- A modified 3 axle prime mover with a certified detachable tray (with the capacity to carry 75% of its specified GVM) with a minimum GVM of 15 tonnes and holds dual registration (HC & HR) or
- A Three axle articulated bus (refer “Use of Buses, Coaches and Motor Homes”) or
- A Three axle bus above 15 tonnes GVM (refer “Use of Buses, Coaches and Motor Homes”).
- A vehicle consisting of a prime mover and a semi-trailer. The prime mover must have a minimum of three axles and the semi-trailer a minimum of two axles. The vehicle must have a GCM rating of at least 24 tonnes or
- A Heavy Rigid vehicle which is towing a trailer. The trailer must have at least two axles and a GVM of 12 tonnes or more.
- A Heavy Combination vehicle with more than one trailer. The vehicle must be B-Double rated and have all the pertinent documentation, permits etc.The combination must be at least 22 metres in length, in B-double configuration.
- The minimum vehicle type for an MC is a 3 axle prime mover with an A and B trailer each with bogie axles.
Information Source: VicRoads – Heavy vehicle licence assessment